What is the P-1B visa, and who is it for?

The P-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign workers to enter the United States to perform in a “world-renowned entertainment group.” The artistic group must be internationally recognized and have achieved a high level of recognition in their field, evidenced by a substantially higher-than-average degree of experience and distinction.

What are the requirements for a P-1B visa?

The following requirements must be met for a person to qualify for a P-1B visa:

  • The individual must be a member of an entertainment group that has been recognized internationally as outstanding in the field for a sustained and substantial period.
  • The individual must be coming to the United States to perform with the group as part of a U.S. tour or engagement.
  • At least 75 percent of the artistic group members must have had a substantial and continuing relationship with the group for at least one year.
Vidal Visa PB1 I-1

What are the benefits of having a P-1B visa, and what are the restrictions?

Some benefits of having a P-1B visa include living and working in the United States for one year and extending the stay in increments of up to one year to continue or complete the event, competition, or performance. Some restrictions come with the P-1B visa, such as not being able to change your immigration status without permission from the U.S. government and only being able to work in your field of expertise.

How long can you stay in the United States on a P-1B visa and how can you renew it?

The maximum initial period of stay on a P-1B visa is an initial period of one year. An extension of stay may be granted in increments of one year as well. To renew a P-1B visa, an alien must file a new petition with updated information about the alien’s employment, and the alien must continue to maintain the alien status while in the United States.

Can family members accompany you on your P-1B visa, and what are their rights and responsibilities if they do?

When applying for a P-1B visa, you may have the option to include certain family members, such as spouses and children under the age of 21, on your application. If they are granted a visa, they will be allowed to enter the United States with you and remain in the country for the duration of their visa under a P-4 status. However, it is important to note that family members accompanying you on a P-4 visa are not authorized to work in the United States. However, they can devote themselves to other activities, such as studying or traveling. If you plan to include family members on your P-1B visa application, it is essential to understand your rights and responsibilities. By doing so, you can ensure that everyone complies with U.S. immigration law.

600 W. Broadway, Ste 700, San Diego, CA 92101
25420 Kuykendahl Rd. Ste E-500, Tomball, TX 77375
Las Palmas Tijuana CP 20106, Mexico

© VIDAL Law Firm 2022 | Designed by ROC Worldwide Agency and Optimized by Luis ROC | All Rights Reserved